Are you confident you & your registered premises are FIRE SAFE?
The Regulatory Reform(Fire Safety) Order 2005 is the legislation that applies to all businesses and their buildings in England and Wales.
This legislation imposes a duty to take general fire precautions to ensure safety of employees and other relevant persons.
Part of this legislation requires that companies undertake a Fire Risk assessment and it is the “Responsible Person’s” duty to ensure this occurs.
Fire Risk Assessments
With a NEBOSH fire certification and a proven record with a South London Care Home Company, having managed their fire safety for a number of years Safe-Sure Care Ltd can offer 2 levels of service for Fire Risk assessments:
1) Reviewing of an existing Fire Risk Assessment by a “registered fire assessor” for complex/ residential facilities and producing an action plan suitable for your care facility.
It is recommended and is “best practice” to have a Risk assessment conducted by a Registered Fire Assessor,(Preferably one on the Institute of Fire Engineers register) BUT following this you may need help to put their recommendations into practice.
In the care sector these strategies can be quite complex. This is where Safe-Sure Care Ltd can help by:
- Regular auditing services
- Writing new audit documents
- Producing Fire Safety reports
- Providing a Training analysis with a live matrix
- Conducting training programs
- Conducting Fire drill’s
- Reviewing existing policies
- Writing new policies
- Writing Risk Assessments
- Writing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans
- Evacuation planning and advice.
2) Fire Risk Assessments for low risk environments or Updating a previous Fire Risk Assessment
Utilizing fire risk assessments endorsed by the Fire Protection Association Safe-Sure Care Ltd can conduct a Fire Risk assessment for your building and Services or Update your existing assessment. The assessment will review the following:
- Fire Hazards
- Fire prevention
- Storage and handling of flammable liquids and gases
- Fire routes and means of escape
- Safety signage
- Fire detection and fire alarm systems
- Arrangements for Management of Fire Safety
- Fire policy and procedures Training and drills
- Testing and maintenance
- Record keeping
Following these assessments by analyzing the gaps in your processes and strategies Safe-Sure Care Ltd can help you bridge those gaps to meet the complex requirements of your company, your home and residents and help you become FIRE SAFE.